Thursday, August 27, 2009

An Action Unlikely to Happen in Egypt

Bashar Al-Assad is a dictator and a son of a dictator yet I like some of his actions and characteristics, I like his speech , I like his wife and her style , I like his persistence and assertiveness and I like some of his public actions even if they were for propaganda still I like them.

For instance like holding an Iftar for the excellent garbage authority workers who contributed to the civilized appearance of Syria, some will considered it a propaganda yet I consider it a nice gesture and a powerful message that this group of people which usually shun by the society is respected by the president and honored by him , really nice action , really nice move.

Another action , another nice move was his surprise visit along with his wife Asama to 4 years girl who was terribly raped in a crime that shocked Syria , they visited her in her family house, as an Arab who understands her community very much I know how that visit regardless of what you think about him meant so much for that poor misfortunate family of that poor girl. Already Al Assad gave his orders to treat the young girl in UK immediately.

Unfortunately we can’t see such small actions in Egypt from presidency.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.