- The commandos attacked happened on humanitarian vessels in international waters , the flotilla had not entered the Israeli water.
- The organizers had been rising White flags
- The commandos started to open their fires while they were going down from the helicopter.
- There is no clear news on what happened exactly to Sheikh Raed Salah, since the morning there has been contradicting news on what exactly happened to him.
- No news about the archbishop Capucci either but Nobel Prize Mairead Corrigan Maguire has been captured.
- There are updates from Israel except that 16 activists are detained and transferred to Beersheba and the rest will be deported to their countries after promising not to do this again !! There are rumors that Israel wants to exchange the detainees with Shalit.
- 3 hospitals in Ashdod , Ashkelon and Tel Aviv are in full alert just like the rest of the country .
- The Israeli commandos had detailed list with certain people with pictures, you can see it here
has already released a press statement which is ambiguous and very diplomatic in its own way if I may say.
That operation whatever silly name the Israelis call it proved to be a big fiasco whether politically or from media point of view. Israel is forcing the people and the world to isolate it more and more , academically many international universities and academies are boycotting Israel , many markets and trade associations are boycotting Israel and I believe more associations and groups will boycott Israel .
Now to international and regional reactions starting with Turkey which considered the attack on Marmar is an attack on the Turkish waters in Marmar sea.
The Turks are on fire , they are very extremely angry and politically all Turkish parties are against the attack of Marmar especially with the Turkish death toll. Since last time the Turks were protesting in front of the Israeli consulate after knowing that the Israelis were following the flotilla with bad intentions. It seems that they stayed till the morning when they knew what happened and tried to storm the consulate building in extreme anger. Turkey has summoned both its ambassador in Tel Aviv and the Israeli envoy in Ankara. Today there was an attack on a Turkish base at the same time the Prime minister is abroad, the President has met with the defense minister and let's say that there is a lots of jazz in Turkey.
Here is a video showing the Turks protesting in front the Israeli consulate
In Egypt in a very rare scene about 600 activists and protesters gathered in front of the Foreign affairs embassy to condemn the attack including the Muslim brotherhood whom for the first time shouted against Mubarak.
There was another protest on the famous journalists syndication staircase. The Muslim brotherhood called for huge protest which starting point is El-Fatah Mosque in Ramses St. If I am not mistaken. There have been about 5 protests in 5 governorates today in the country.
Officially Mubarak in Paris has condemned the excess use of power calling and called for an end to the siege in Gaza and please do not ask me what he meant because I do not understand it at all. The arrest of two MB MPs in Israel for sure makes the NDP happy especially the Shura elections are to be held tomorrow.
The league of Arab states has condemned as usual what happened and they are going to meet tomorrow in order to discuss it. Protests are held in Lebanon ,Syria, Palestinian territories and Mauritania.
Please follow this post this post as it will be updated accordingly.