Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Sheep's market

This year I went again along with some my members of my family to buy the sheep of the Eid , the Sacrifice sheep for the Sheep yard  at Mohendessin near Lebanon square

I took my camera with me again and I was lucky this year thank God and I took many more photos than last year ,because of two things I managed to turn on the flash light,it does not bother the sheep and lambs at all as it was the time for their meal , they were busy , this is the first thing

The second thing ,I made a friendship with a young clever shepherd in 2007-12-16 001 067the yard called Mohammed , who showed the whole place , the room for slaughter , where they put the goats , where they put the cows , they do not put them with the sheep, he also told me about the ages of the sheep which can reach to 20 years

He told me that there is no danger from the sheep as long as you do not tease him , also he wears very thick boots to protect his feet as the sheep feet are so strong and can hurt any one in their way.

I took photos for the inspection procedures buyers also do before buying the sheep for the teeth , the horn, the body and so on ,of course it must be weighted to be prices , the kilo has a special price

One of my favourite photos are the Black sheep I found and the two sleepy goats in the cold winter ,which you will see in the slideshow

The black sheep

Here are the photos I hope you like it and Happy Eid


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.